After defining a form-bean for an ActionForm

 <form-bean name="StatusSearchActionForm"

the next step is to relate the ActionForm to an ActionMapping. The
"name" attribute in an mapping refers to the "name" attribute in a
form-bean.

When a request is made for a *specific* action with the attribute
"name='StatusSearchActionForm'", the controller will create the
ActionForm and put into the context using "StatusSearchActionForm" as
the key.

The message

 "Cannot find bean StatusSearchActionForm in any scope"

is probably being generated by a bean:write tag, or equivalent on a
page that was reached without going through an ActionMapping that
referred to the form-bean of that name. The controller only creates a
StatusSearchActionForm when it is told. If the bean doesn't exist,
it's because the controller has not been told to create one.

A point of confusion might be if the StatusSearchActionForm is created
in session scope. In that case, whether the bean exists when a given
action is called might depend on some other action being called first.
Using sessions scope for ActinoForms can lead to a situation when the
error seems inconsistent. Sadly, session scope is the default.

-- HTH, Ted.
http://www.husted.com/poe/