Since no one else has answered, I'll give this a try:

JSF is the base for everything you asked about.  Only AFTER you are comfortable
with JSF implementation (the Sun JSF RI
or the MyFaces runtime) would I recommend you try Facelets, Shale or both.

Facelets and Shale bring extra functionality on top of a JSF implementation
that each project's authors felt were
missing from JSF v1.1.  Facelets brings a view definition tool, templating and
tile-like functionality to JSF.  Shale
brings many pieces to JSF such as Dialogs/Workflows, Tokens, Variable
resolvers, extra functions to the view controller
a test framework, etc.  One optional component of Shale is called Clay which is
functionally very similar to Facelets.
However, I have heard of people using Shale with Facelets instead of Clay and
who have almost everything working
normally.

For more information, check out:

Sun JSF RI: http://java.sun.com/j2ee/javaserverfaces/
MyFaces JSF RI: http://myfaces.apache.org
Shale: http://struts.apache.org/shale
Facelets: https://facelets.dev.java.net/

*** Tutorials and other learning resources:
http://www.jsftutorials.net/
http://www.jsfcentral.com/

Regards,
David