On 1/16/06, Nick Heudecker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You can create aliases in the current version to provide shorthand names for
> pages.  Wicket 1.2 will allow you to mount pages at specified URLs, which
> should get around this problem.

...which are currently configured by what, XML? Doesn't this remove
some of the zero-conf advantages? And, there's going to have to be a
way to configure it in 1.2 somehow also. I guess "almost zero
configuration" isn't as catchy? :-)

All this Wicket/RoR/zero-conf stuff (and SilverStream too, if anyone
remembers that) reminds me of Visual Basic  back in the day: it's a
very productive framework if your problem is within the class of
problems that were envisioned, but once you need to step outside that
box, you're screwed as you are spending more time fighting with the
framework than problem domain coding.

-ed

> On 1/16/06, David G. Friedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > More wicket articles?  I'm getting a message here: I bet you wish Struts
> > Action 2.0 was really Struts "Wicket" 2.0. LOL.
> > Personally, I had trouble with how it implements zero configuration files
> > and how the URLs look freaky in the current
> > version.
> >
> > Regards,
> > David Friedman / [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    "The greatest tyrannies are always perpetrated in the name of the
noblest causes." Thomas Paine
temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Benjamin
Franklin