On 1/18/06, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Because JSP 1.2 --> 2.0 was such a big change, there was not a lot of need
> to fundamentally enhance JSP this time around.  Instead, most of the effort
> was expended on unifying the expression language syntax and semantics
> between JSF and JSP expressions (so that they always mean the same thing),
> as well as extracting out the expression language programmatic APIs into a
> separate package so that one could reuse this in a different context.

I should mention one other area that got a *lot* of attention.  Because JSF
1.0/1.1 came *after* JSP 2.0 (so we couldn't change it), there were some
annoying interoperability problems between JSF and JSP, such as dealing with
intermixed template text and component tags, and working with things like
JSTL's <c:forEach>.  To a large extent, these issues have been addressed, so
using JSF 1.2 and JSP 2.1 together will feel much more smooth to the
developer.

Craig