>>(Some of?) the DispactAction variants dispatch to a special method and aren't
>> subject to the
consequences listed above, but most action implementations don't.

Rick, let me correct something here:

The DispatchAction variants are also subject to the problem with
validate="true" WHEN there is no
implementation for cancelled(). The cancelled() is called but a return value of
"null" indicates
it is "not implemented" (bad design) and then proceeds on to the intended
method.

Since 99% of my MappingDispatchAction classes don't have any semantic necessity
for canceling, I
don't implement the method to return a forward, and thus the problem roars its
ugly head.

Laurie, I would like to see this fixed in 1.2; it is easier for me to drop in a
patch than upgrade
a whole library. Not many managers can buy total upgrades, but they can buy
incremental patches.

Paul