On Mon, January 23, 2006 1:11 pm, Michael Jouravlev said:
> I am not a Javacript pro, yet ;) So, on a new request Javascript
> objects are gone? I see.

No problem :)  Yes, that's correct... with every document loaded into the
browser, anything that existed before is wiped out.  I'm not aware of any
way around that (and it sure sounds like a security problem if there was).
 A hidden frame is the typical solution in such cases... Of course, now
you can do it with AJAX... you load one page in the beginning that
contains your AJAX code and a single <div>... every request you make to
the server goes through an XMLHttpRequest object, and the results are
stuck into that <div>... this can be a whole page, so in a sense your
creating a browser inside a browser :)

> Michael.

Frank