[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I need to return a differnt kind of resposne type. Its an excel file if your curious. I think I understand how to do this with a plain servlet, but I am trying to fit it into the structure of the struts architecture. Can someone explain to me how to do this? In particular, can I just grab the response stream from the response object I get in the execute method and start writing to it. If so, what becomes of the forward I'm supposed to return.
Feel free to inform me of my misuse of the platform if that's the case.

You might find this helpful too:

http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsFileDownload

L.