Thanks for quick reply, Gary. I should have been more verbose, however, I
thought this behaviour (printing raw jsp instead of html) was a very simple
simptom of a simple problem.
I am putting a clay component into a working JSF application (I need to be
able to assemble a page dynamically from several components instead of
including jsp's and such). This is the snippet of this jsp page
    <%@ include file="createProject.jsp"%>
    <clay:clay id="tabs" jsfid="RUNTIME" shapeValidator="#{
myViewController.createList}" managedBeanName="myViewController"/>

In createList method I am populating an HtmlPanelGroup with the commandLink
children. Every commandLink in this page has an action attribute pointing to
this very jsp page and a number of parameters identifying a bean (from the
list) I need to display instead of the list. That bean display, btw, is
handled by the included page createProject.jsp. So I have no navigation, the
beans I need to display have been properly instantiated when accessed in a a
pure jsf context (using jsf commandLink elements with the same parameters),
so I assume that all of the mappings in web.xml etc are OK.

Thanks.

Z.