Yes, that would be my advice. Further, I would try and architect your solutions in such a way as to not even require session as much as that is possible. Clearly it won't always be, but every little bit helps :)

Frank

Lixin Chu wrote:

thank you very much - my memory is not too rusty then - at least I remember the 32kb threshhold :-( ok, so my takeaway is that, in general it is ok to use a session scoped ActionForm with some minimum data but for large list/set we better look it carefully. Putting them into request scope might be a better choice, if we have sort of cache supported I guess.

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect
Omnytex Technologies
http://www.omnytex.com