fea jabi wrote:
> But as I mentioned earliar I am creating an object which I am planning
> to instanciate for each row of data. When I told about this to my team
> they were concerned about the objects being in memory and advised to
> use the resultset directly. In the sessionbean probably we can create
> these rowobjects before it's sent to the webserver.
You're going to have an object in memory no matter what. In most cases
DB connections are a more limited resource than memory. Besides, once
the ResultSet is translated into a DTO, it is free for GC anyway, so
you've really only lost the conversion time, which is worth it IMO.

I think that using a POJO (or POJO+) for the DTO more than pays for the
conversion time with easier code, generally more robust code, etc.

Dave