On 2/3/06, Angel Navarro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> but, somebody have worked with Struts and JasperReport?
> It's a good solution?
> It's better than iText or FOP?

JasperReports uses iText to produce PDFs.  Which one to pick depends
on whether you're trying to produce "documents" with paragraphs,
figures and tables, or "reports" with headers, footers, and subtotals.
 There is some degree of overlap, I'm sure.  Since you need Excel in
addition to PDF, JasperReports sounds like a good bet.

There is also JFreeReport, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet:
   http://www.jfree.org/jfreereport/

And what you can do with FOP is limited only by your XSL skills.  I
found it overly complex for what I needed to do (transform
preformatted text into a PDF,) but YMMV, particularly if you're
already good at XSLT.

--
Wendy