Fra: Gary VanMatre [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 7. februar 2006 15:30
Til: Struts Users Mailing List
Emne: RE: [shale] Clayforeach tag

>From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Hi
>
> So in the case where bodyJsfid is a html template, I could do something
like
> this:
>

>template jsdid=/news.xml:
><h3><span jsfid="outputText" value="#{myvar.head}" /><h3>

Oh, right.  I forgot the other half of the story.  The snippet will use the
managed-bean-name symbol.  So, you should code:

template jsdid=/news.xml:
<h3><span jsfid="outputText" value="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" /><h3>

>allowBody="false">
>bla bla

You will need a "value" attribtue to bind to which can be a List, Map or
Array types.  This is a ValueBinding expression.

value="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" allowBody="false">

Gary

>and then do something like this:

>allowBody="false">
>bla bla

pulls the
> data from the "value" expression and loads a map. The bodyJsfid is the
content
> that is repeated for each item. The "bodyJsfid" can be a html template or
XML
> configuration. The row is a naming container so you can add update able
fields
> and the reason the map is stored in session scope. I thought it would be
> important to be able to name the session scoped variable since you have to

> cleanup yourself.
>
> The component uses the clay shapeValidator callback event to create the
beans
> that define the shape of the subtree. This callback has the same method
> signature as the "validator" method binding event but is not associated
with the
> validation phase. I't invoked for the rendering phase.
>
> The "clayForEach" shapeValidator event is bound to a managed bean that is
loaded
> in the faces-config from the Clay jar.
>
> The "validator" term seemed to work because it validates the shape of the
Clay
> component. The basic idea of this method binding event is to create the
Clay
> subtree at runtime from model data instead of a XML or HTML static
configuration
> file.
>
> The tomahawk "dataList" component will do the same thing with more style.
>

> > Hermod

* *

> > This email with attachments is solely for the use of the individual or
> > entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that the DnB NOR
Group