again, plz help me!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pham Anh Tuan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 4:30 PM
Subject: [HELP] Problem when update 1 unicode form

hi all,

I got a problem when I update unicode form :(

so, I have already tested my web application (Struts-ibatis-velocity-tiles) on my PC (tomcat 5.5.12, mysql 4.1 - utf8 default, JDK 5.0), everything was okie. I could update 1 unicode form (the form which contains unicode characters - firstname, lastname). I use 1 filter for output and input, below is my web.xml:

<!-- Filter to set character encoding on each request -->
<filter>
 <filter-name>Set Character Encoding</filter-name>
 <filter-class>filters.SetCharacterEncodingFilter</filter-class>
 <init-param>
  <param-name>encoding</param-name>
  <param-value>UTF-8</param-value>
 </init-param>
</filter>

<!-- Define filter mappings for the defined filters -->
<filter-mapping>
 <filter-name>Set Character Encoding</filter-name>
 <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
</filter-mapping>

<filter-mapping>
 <filter-name>Set Character Encoding</filter-name>
 <servlet-name>velocity</servlet-name>
</filter-mapping>

but ... when I deploy and run it on eatj.com, mysql4.1 - utf8, jdk 5.0, I couldn't update unicode form, my last name and first name fields couldn't be saved with unicode characters (utf-8) ...

what happened :( ... Is this problem of hosting or my web application ??? :(

help me :(

thanks in advance,

bowlkhin