Hibernate says it can call stored procedures in it's documentation.
I've never done it though.

Shawn
-----Original Message-----
From: Vu, Thai [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 5:05 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: With a new project, what technologies should I use?

Wow, an answer from a prof. :)

Sorry that I didn't give any information about the project I want to do.
Your question showed that I missed a lot of things.

- I am a sole developer building a 3MB source code application in a
reasonable amount of time period (don't laugh at me please :) ).

- The look and feel is not very important (i.e. some simple CSS and
displaytag are fine).

- As I am the only developer, I have to do everything from database,
business logics to GUI.

- I don't expect to use any prepared sql statement. I prefer using
Hibernate or iBATIS. I think I will use iBATIS because iBATIS can call
stored procedures (Hibernate cannot do that, can it?) because I can
write stored procedures, triggers quite well (not well enough to build
an application just using PL/SQL).

- The site will contain a lot of dynamic elements and will not be
updated often (updating is needed if a new functionality is required).

- The business people are still figuring out what they want and I hope I
do not have to build everything from scratch when they need a new
feature.

So, what is your advice with those information?

Thanks for your answers.

Sincerely.

PS: By the way, what does PHB stand for in ` To a PHB, every application
is a nail.'?