At 5:17 PM -0500 2/13/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Can someone explain to me the benefits of using modules? I can see how it will help logically compartmentalize different regions of an application so that developers will have a more manageable view of the project, but does it provide anything a bit more technical?

In my view, modules are more like distinct applications than components of a single application; although they technically share the same application (servlet) context, Struts walls them off from each other so that about the only thing which is shared is the servlet URI mapping (i.e. *.do).

After trying a few applications using modules, my team and I found that the walls between modules were higher than appropriate for our model of development, and we stopped using them. We have been satisfied instead with Struts' support for using multiple config XML files for struts-config, tiles-definitions, and validations.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
[EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://blog.germuska.com