On 2/14/06, Michael Jouravlev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2/14/06, Mark Lowe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > You could use the referer header to create an action forward based on
> > that value.
>
> "referer" field is unreliable. Can fail depending on your mix or
> forwarding/redirecting/reloading a page. It is also often removed by
> proxies/firewalls. I would not recommend using "referer" field.

Fair enough, what do you suggest as an alternative? I've used this a
few times for forwarding back to the referer and found any huge
problems. I can see how if something removed the header that could
cause problems, but cant see what would be achieved by a firewall or
proxy messing around like this would achieve.

The only other suggestion i would make if this were an issue is use
separate action mappings for each point of entry..

Mark