Wow.

Why not
        method(args, this);
so you know the calling object.

or better version.
        register(this);
        method(arg);

Plenty of OO designs.

Or just don't make it public, there are 3 "modifier" choices left other then public, including package/friend. I would just expose an API interface and have comments "for internal use" for implementation, which I would then not JavaDoc! Just JavaDoc the API interface.

.V

Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
I saw a very similar question asked a few months back in a general Java
forum, and I suggested an answer that I've never had the chance to
actually try out... the theory is interesting though...

In the method you want to "protect", immediately throw an exception and
catch it.  Then, parse the stack trace and see who the caller was.  If
it's not a class you want to have access to the method, throw an
IllegalAccessException.

Again, it's one of those things that sounds good in your head, I have no
idea if it translates to anything workable :)