ok thanks,

that will solve my problem

Steve

Craig McClanahan wrote:

On 2/20/06, Steve Vanspall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks will have a look,

yeah I figured reevaluation isn't the go.

as I said I know the action I want is already going to be configure din
the struts-config file, so basically I need to look it up, then create a
form for it.

I can fudge it by codig the HTML roughly as teh struts tage would do it,
if only I could look up struts-config from a TagSupport extension.

I should have been a bit more clear.  You *do* have access to the
configuration information that Struts read from the
struts-config.xmlfiles.  They are stored (if you only have one module)
under a servlet
context attribute named by symbolic constant Globals.MODULE_KEY (in a tag
handler you can call PageContext.getAttribute() to acquire it).

It's the "create a JSP page dynamically and get it compiled" part of the
problem that isn't going to work well.

Craig