Hi,

Last week we migrated our Struts 1.0 application to 1.2.8. As far as we
can tell, we correctly followed the migration steps inbetween.
Since the migration we have noticed the following weird behaviour:
upon submitting a form from a jsp to as struts form/action, the method
processPopulate of RequestProcessor will increase memory usage on our
windows box by some 30M for each call. Unfortunately, this extra memory is
not freed, not even after waiting more than say one hour. After a few such
requests, needless to say, this produces OutOfMemoryErrors.
I pinpointed the memory usage to this method by setting
log4j.logger.org.apache.struts=DEBUG in my log4j.properties. In the log,
after form submission, the following info appears:

DEBUG: RequestUtils.createActionForm.300 ->  -->
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (21 feb 2006 17:59:31,156)
DEBUG: RequestProcessor.processActionForm.327 ->  Storing ActionForm bean
instance in scope 'request' under attribute key 'incidentForm' (21 feb
2006 17:59:31,156)
DEBUG: RequestProcessor.processPopulate.793 ->  Populating bean properties
from this request (21 feb 2006 17:59:35,616)
DEBUG: CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.getRepositoryPath.388 -> File upload
temp dir:
C:\dev\workspace-reconstruct-hibernate\Attend\work\org\apache\jsp (21 feb
2006 17:59:35,772)

What could be the cause of this excessive memory increase?

Could it be that the entire Struts config is accidentally reloaded because
of a problem in our configuration?

Thanks,
Willem