I get it.  Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Craig
McClanahan
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 3:30 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Shale] Creating my Managed Bean template

On 3/13/06, James Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm about to set up a template file for managed-beans and I was
> planning on inserting the methods supported by the ViewController
interface.

> My question is, does it hurt to have empty ViewController methods in
> the bean if I'm not using them?  If, for some reason, I'm not using
> the
> init() method, should I remove it from the file to avoid confusing
> Shale?

If your backing bean "implements ViewController" then you are going to
be
*required* to implement all the methods (even if they are empty) to
avoid compile errors.

The simplest thing to do is "extends AbstractViewController".  Besides
the fact that this class implements (as empty methods) all the
callbacks, so you only have to override the ones you care about, it also
offers you a bunch of useful helper methods too.

Thanks

Craig