Frank, I don't think Java Web Parts should provide support for Ajax. After all, this is *Java* Web Parts and Ajax has nothing to do with Java. Anyway, Ajax is just a fad and I don't like it. If you want to do Ajax, you should split it off into a separate project.

Give me commit rights and I'll just delete it myself. Ok?

Regarding responsibility accepted by the committers, let me refer you to the Apache License:

7. Disclaimer of Warranty. Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, Licensor provides the Work (and each Contributor provides its Contributions) on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You are solely responsible for determining the appropriateness of using or redistributing the Work and assume any risks associated with Your exercise of permissions under this License.

If you get value from the code, use it. If not, don't. End of responsibility.

BTW I do respect you as a contributor to the Struts community and do accept your right to comment on how the community is run and where the code is going. I just don't agree that you have a right to question people's motives or tell them how to spend their time.

Steve

Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
*YOUR* trying to share *YOUR* solutions.  But if someone else wants to
share their solutions, they have to go *through* you.  And you don't see
why there's frustration?

Oh, I think I know what you'd say to that... there are alternatives.  And
your right!  That's how Java Web Parts got started.  I wanted to share my
solutions too, let people decide if they liked them or not, use them if
they want or not, and I wasn't allowed to do it here.  So, I went
elsewhere.  And you know, it worked out for the best, so I suppose in the
end I should thank you!