The Struts app I'm developing uses a number of customs JSP tags that we have written oursevelves in an attempt to speed up repetative tasks and to compltely remove the need for us to use Scriptlets which not nice to have floating round your code. I developed a static helper function that is used within our custom tags to get a MessageResources object given a JspContext object and it worked perfectly while we only had one locale. Today I got a translation of our resources.properties file in Irish for the entire app and was horrified to see that when I added a respources_ga.properties it was picked up perfectly by the standard JSP tags but not by any of our custom tags. Below is the code for my function, can anyone see where I am going wrong. Thanks a million,

Bart Busschots,
NUI Maynooth.

public static MessageResources getMessageResources(JspContext theJSPPage){
   MessageResources resources = null;
   String bundle = Globals.MESSAGES_KEY;
   PageContext pageContext = (PageContext)theJSPPage;

   if(resources == null) {
resources = (MessageResources)pageContext.getAttribute(bundle, PageContext.REQUEST_SCOPE);
   }

   if(resources == null) {
     ModuleConfig moduleConfig = getModuleConfig(pageContext);
resources = (MessageResources)pageContext.getAttribute(bundle + moduleConfig.getPrefix(), PageContext.APPLICATION_SCOPE);
   }

   if(resources == null) {
resources = (MessageResources)pageContext.getAttribute(bundle, PageContext.APPLICATION_SCOPE);
   }

   if(resources == null) {
     throw new VTException("Failed to get Mesage Resources.");
   }

   return resources;