In case you missed to see this in the docs... See the Struts doc: Building View Components and See in Struts Validator.

Note: If your required form property is one of the Java object representations of primitive types (ie. java.lang.Integer), you must set the ActionServlet's *convertNull* init parameter to true. Failing to do this will result in the required validation not being performed on that field because it will default to zero

Thanks,
Vijay Venkataraman

Angelo zerr wrote:

Hello homas,
To avoid this problem, I use String type in my getter/setter in my Struts
form for any type (Integer, Date,...).
So, you could do that :

public class User {
  String age;
  public String getAge(){
      return age;
  }
  public void setAge(String age){
     this.age=age;

After you must convert String age into Integer age in your action struts
(after validation), to get values of  list of ages.
Regards
Angelo