On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Dave Newton wrote:

Asad Habib wrote:
Well, your right since the date will be shared by all sessions.
However, if I go this route I will need a method to update the date
every time it changes.

You need that anyway, as a user might be on the site over the midnight hour.

The bean can just return the current date every time the accessor is called.

Sorry, I mean a design pattern that outlines how non-form beans should
be used with Struts actions. Is a DTO applicable in this case?

Sure.

Just out of curiosity, what other design patterns were you considering?

This is the only one that I could think of that was applicable. If you know of any others, please let me know. Thanks.

Dave