Tarun,
If the value in being rendered is in string array pointed by the property it will be rendered with checked attribute set. I know it works. It is bit weired that the set method is not being called i am not able to find what is happening. Do you see the values coming fine in the HttpRequest? If you debug and view your HttpRequest - If you have *selected* some checkboxes then you should see a parameter by name denyCodes and to that there will be a array containing the selected values in the array. Sorry i am stuck with something deep and cannot probe any further now. Pulling the bean util source code along with Struts source code and seeing what happens will give you a clear idea.

Vijay Venkataraman

Tarun Reddy wrote:

Hi Vijay,
Thanks for the reply! I had a look at the HTML source generated by JSP page
which contains multibox tag. Here are some sample entries,

<form name="denyForm" method="post" action="/testingtool/deny.do">
value="216">216</tr>
value="415">415</tr>

Let me tell you, <bean:write> tag nested in the <html:multibox> tag takes
care of setting this value attirbute to the same as label. The HTML source
also proved that this problem is not related to setting value attribute.
Second point is, yeah there's a slight confusion in the use of multibox tag.
In the specs they say that you can make ur checkboxes checked based on the
values present in, string array in the ActionForm. But can you tell me
whether we can make selections among multiple checkboxes and then send the
values of the checked checkboxes to the Action class? I'm surprised to see
that the setter method was never called while submitting the form to the
action class. Please suggest me.