Hi Tim,

  In fact no action is involved, only a form and a jsp.
  In struts-config.xml I have validate=true

  So Struts calls from.validate() which returns a non empty ActionErrors object.
  Since ActionErrors object is non empty, both version of Struts redirect to
the same jsp page and do not call the action.

  So I should use saveErrors in form.validate() too ?

  It seems to me that the different behaviour is due too change of struts
version, not websphere version.

  A strange thing is that when I add the following to thh jsp of my working web
application (aka old struts), there is no error object :
  <%
  for (java.util.Enumeration e = request.getParameterNames() ;
e.hasMoreElements() ;) {
  System.out.println(e.nextElement());
  }
  %>

"Slattery, Tim - BLS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :
  > Now here is my issue.
> In the form, if the user forgets a mandatory field, I do
> something like :
> errors.add (...
> return errors

If I'm following correctly, this returns an ActionErrors collection to
your Action.

> I do not use saveErrors(), because I use it only in the action.

If you don't use saveErrors, then the ActionErrors collection doesn't
get saved, and you don't get any error messages.

> With WSAD/ Struts 1.0 it works fine : stay on same page and
> display errors.
> With RSA/Struts 1.1 it stay on same page and display nothing.

I have no idea what WSAD or RSA are. But the ActionErrors has to be
saved someplace in order for the tag to find it. Maybe
WSAD did that for you and RSA doesn't?

--
Tim Slattery
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs
exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.Téléchargez la version
beta.