From: Nava Krishna Mallela [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 4:02 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: how to handle requests submitted using java script with a
LookupDispatchAction subcalss

Hi,

Please guide me overcome this issue.

My jsp page has two list boxes, the values in one of those
boxes(dependent list box) are populated depending on the selected value
in the other one (independent listbox).

I tried submitting the value selected in the independentlistbox using
javascript.
I am using LookupDispatchUpAction subclass to handle this request.

I am getting  the following error message,

javax.servlet.ServletException: Request[/effortTracker] does not contain

handler parameter named method

org.apache.struts.actions.LookupDispatchAction.execute(LookupDispatchAct
ion.java:200)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestPr
ocessor.java:446)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
266)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1292)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:510)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)

Extract from jsp:
------------------
resubmit('EffortTracker','getPrograms')">
    <option value="0">Select</option>
    <bean:define id="Projects" name="Menu" property="projects"
type="java.util.Collection"/>
labelProperty="project_codes"/>

The javascript used:
--------------------

            function resubmit(form_name,method_value)
            {

                document.forms[form_name].method.value= method_value;
                document.forms[form_name].submit();

            }

LookupDispatchAction subclass:
----------------------------

public class EffortAction extends LookupDispatchAction{

    protected Map getKeyMethodMap() {
        Map map = new HashMap();
        map.put("EffortTracker.getPrograms","getPrograms");
        return map;
    }

    public ActionForward getPrograms(ActionMapping mapping,
            ActionForm form,
            HttpServletRequest request,
            HttpServletResponse response)
    throws IOException, ServletException
    {

I have a parameter named "method" configured in struts- config.xml.

<action path="/effortTracker"
            name="EffortTracker"
            type="infosys.aol.Actions.EffortAction"
            validate="false"
            parameter="method">
        <forward name="continue" path="Tiles.EffortTracker"/> </action>

I will be happy to provide any more information as you find needed.
Thank you

Regards,
Nava Krishna M