This is a very specific situation - you have 2 heterogeneous databases, that
can't be joined, right? I'm talking by my own little experience with this
type of thing, it's best to you work with a search engine in a heterogeneous
environment like yours. Something like Lucene is good (both Hibernate and
Spring support it). Because, if you have to keep SQL to query this 2
databases, you'll have to write a DAO for each (TicketDAO and EmployeeDAO),
and do the transactional stuff in your Business Object.

I hope that it could help you

Rafael Mauricio Nami