Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 10:07 PM
Subject: Re: [HELP] how do I catch url like http://www.myweb.com/mysite :(

Pham Anh Tuan wrote:
I just think that we can check request object, after that we check db
for specific username (360.yahoo.com/username), if it's exist, we will
view homepage of that username.

The problem here, I don't know how to do that :(

I had to recreate this usecase for a conversion: I ended up writing a
filter that has a known list of URLs (paths) to not filter; any other
path is used as a DB lookup for user by username. The filter then puts
that user into session and forwards into the Struts app.

You could also do this in a custom RequestProcesser, but keeping it in a
Filter gives you more flexibility. I ended up refactoring the
functionality completely out so it could be plugged in as necessary.

Dave