>From: "Hubert Rabago" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> I'm trying to use Shale-Tiles with RI and I'm having trouble submitting
> forms.
> The page renders okay (once I start using all over the
> place), but the submit doesn't work.
> I stepped through the code and it looks like there's a viewid mismatch.
>
> Here's my tile definition:
>
>   <definition name="base.layout" path="/baseTemplate.jsp" >
>        <put name="windowTitle" value="My Page Title"/>
>        <put name="pageHeader" value="/pageHeader.jsp" />
>        <put name="body" value=""/>
>    </definition>
>
>    <definition name="/testing" extends="base.layout">
>        <put name="windowTitle" value="Testing Only"/>
>        <put name="body" value="/showSample.jsp"/>
>    </definition>
>

> I request /myapp/testing.jsf which renders ok.
> I type in a value in a text field and submit the form.
> In the RI's ViewHandlerImpl.restoreView(), it's looking for
> viewid="/testing.jsp", but the viewid recorded in the sessionMap is
> "/testing.jsf", so the submit request gets treated as a new one
> instead of a postback.
> What am I doing wrong?

I've not made time to check out the shale tiles plugin but I know that the RI
and Myfaces do handle the viewid differently.  This is a bug in the RI.
Myfaces will always try to replace to the default suffix of anything that makes
it thru the faces servlet.  The RI is pretty loose about this.  So, if you are
using the RI this might be the reason.
In the clay view handler, I ended up overriding the view id in the restore view
to force the behavior.
Gary