Well, except that the "new thing" is not new. It's just Webwork, which is a competing framework, that has been around for years.

"Struts Action 2" is just a relabeling of Webwork. Some package names and so on change, but it's just webwork.

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.
(Struts now has a marketing capability? ha ha)

Focusing on technology on a project will fail;

<shrug>

I think the above statement -- at least if I understand it -- is based on a fallacy.

Ditto.

Good luck.

.V

ps: personally I might try Shale w/o JSF on this gig or SAF2 as 2nd choice if I had to write a browser front end. How often did Ted say on this list that it depends on the environment/situation.