From: Chan Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 12:18 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Session without cookies

Hi All,

I have been searching for hours and still cannot find
any useful info. Hope you can help.

I am building a Struts app. (Struts 1.2.4 + Tomcat 5.5
+ Apache 2.0.55 + Spring 1.2.6) and want to use
session without
enabling cookies. I use <html:link> to create links so
;jsessionid is appended to the end. Fine. The problem
I have is every time I access a page, a new session id
is created so essentially everything stored in session
is lost. Here is some output from my test action,
test.do:

test.do
System.out.println("Is session new? " +
session.isNew());
System.out.println("Session id: " + session.getId());

First access
Is session new? true
Session id: B9F9E135DCBAC90AB2B5AEBCE901FAA5

Second access
Is sesssion new? false
Session id: 8CCE7A388E76C0F56016E8F41E29E0E5

The session is not new but the id is different...I
already set in Tomcat server.xml

<Context path="/myApp" cookies="false"...>

What am I missing??

Thanks in advance.

Michael