If you don't associate your setup action with a form bean, the reset
method will not be called, and whatever was in the form will be
retained.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle W. Cartmell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 2:39 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: validation breaks my form prepopulation

This is extremely helpful, because it gives me the opportunity to
prepopulate my form once again should validation fail. There's still a
sticky bit here, in that request attributes that are set from a previous
form are lost and cannot be recreated.

I believe that this is pretty much something that I have to just handle
and there aren't any magic spells to drive that process, but please
correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Thanks again!

Michael Jouravlev wrote:
> On 5/2/06, Kyle W. Cartmell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Within my web application (using the Struts action framework) when
>> validation of an ActionForm fails and control is returned to the JSP
>> indicated by struts-config.xml, any request attributes that were
>> passed to that JSP originally are lost because a new request object
>> has been created.
>
> "input" attribute of "action" element in struts-config.xml does not
> have to refer to JSP page directly, it can point to setup action of
> your JSP page.
>
> Michael.

Kyle W. Cartmell
Sr. Software Developer
LAP Holdings, LLC dba First Finance
Phone: (480) 222-0050
Toll Free: (800) 355-3135
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.efirstfinance.com
********************************************DISCLAIMER********************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain
privileged or copyright
information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or use this email
or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify us of
the receipt thereof.
immediately, and delete this
email from your system.

Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change.The sender shall not be
liable for the improper
or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this
communication,nor for any delay in
its receipt or damage to your system.The sender does not guarantee that this
material is free from
viruses or any other defects although due care has been taken to minimise the
risk.