On 5/3/06, Martin Kindler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thank you all for answering!

But I seem not to have stated my problem clearly: I know how I can POST to
an uri using Java.
My problem is that I want the user to be redirected (or forwarded) to the
page my action has posted the data to.

The easy way to handle this is:
put a button on my page by which the customer selects his preferred payment
service.
creati an action which prepares the values needed by this payment service.
This action forwards to a little jsp-page which contains a form with all the
data.
When the user submits the form, he is transferred to the payment service
with all neccessary information.

When a user is transferred to a payment service right from the
browser, how does your application know about this?

This means two clicks by the user for just selecting a payment service. I do
want to make a one-click procedure from this. A solution found by googling
automates the second submit by javascript. This is what I now have
implemented. The question is: is there a more elegant way?

If I use any of the http client approaches (either using java.net or commons
httpclient) I get the response somewhere in my action, but it should be in
the user's browser.
Probably one could say that I need sort of (transparent) proxy like
behaviour.

Yep, your action behaves as proxy. Also, your application is in the
know of what is happening.

Michael.