On 5/3/06, 王曾wang_zeng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Oh,yeah,I see, that's why you use "new" keyword in the code above.

>private HtmlOutputText dynamicText = new HtmlOutputText();

Then,I have a pretty weird idea. If you dosen't new a HtmlOutputText,will
there be a NullpointerException popped up in this case?

No ... if the getter method returns null, the tag handler will create a new
component instance, just as if you hadn't declared a binding attribute ...
but then it will call the setter so your backing bean still has access to
the component instance actually being used.

--
Wang Zeng

Craig