Hi,

You are supposed to pass in a key for an entry in application_resources.properties and you are instead passing in the message you want. Struts is not finding the 'key' you are looking for in the language you are using en_GB and so it is doing what it always does when it can't find a message, it is displaying ???the_language the_key???

You should not be hard-coding in error messages like you are doing, those messages should be in applicationresources.properties so that you can internationalize your app. The struts libraries/functions assume you are using applicationresources.properties because that's the "right way (tm)" to do things.

Hope that makes sense,

Bart.

Shoukat, Faisal wrote:
Hi,

I throw a application exception back to the web layer and catch it in my
action class.  I then create a errors object with the exception as follows:

errors.add("errors", new ActionMessage(e.getCause().getMessage()));
saveErrors(request, errors);

When it displays the error on the jsp it displays the following

???en_GB.This form is invalid.???

How do I get rid of the ???en_GB. And ??? in the error.  All I want to
display is the This form is invalid.

Because it is an application exception and could be a number of things I
have not added anything to the message resources bundle

Thanks