> WOOHOO!!! Thanks Craig. Now I know the reason why it didn't forward to step
> 2,
> but I'm still stuck :(
> It displays "Conversion error occurred."....for string fields.
> Errr...???
>
> The person bean has all the fields with according getters/setters
>       private String firstName;
>       private String lastName;
>       private String title;
>       private Date dateOfBirth;
>
> rgds Sander

LOL...I found out that I had several newbie mistakes in my conf. First, I was
referencing to "personBean" in my dialog jsp. Note that the real name for the
bean described in my faces-config was "personDataBean". Secondly, when entering
the dialog I put the initialized bean into the session under the name
"dialog.data" and in the jsp I should have referenced to "dialog.data" bean and
not "personDataBean".

I fixed all that and right now I don't get any more misleading errormessages but
I'm still stuck in the first dialog page :P I also commented out the date part
in the jsp so there wouldn't be any converting.

Now what ?

rgds Sander