You can create a base action class which extends Action and implements
execute(). In execute you would call your preferred logging method as
described below. Then, every action you create would extend your
BaseAction class and the first line of every execute() method would
call super.execute()

-ed

On 5/8/06, Adam Hardy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Srinivas Vakkalanka on 08/05/06 11:32, wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am new to struts. I have a request that, for every request I want to
> display a message or log a message using struts frame work. How this could
> achieve. Please help in this regard

Hi Srinivas,
your requirement would normally be implemented using your logging
component (commons-logging would be a good first choice). You code
against the logging API and you control where it puts the output via the
configuration. Check out the jakarta website and look for commons, and
then the logging subproject. They have a useful 'quickstart' section in
their docs online.

Adam