From: "David Evans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 7:53 PM
Subject: Re: URL needs www appended

> if you are running on apache, you can use mod_rewrite to fix this, by
> including a rewrite rule, something like:
>
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.domainname\.com$ [NC]
> RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.domainname.com$1 [R=301,L]
>

> dave

Definitely, you need to configure your web container to accept
http://domainname.com as well as http://www.domainname.com. Configuring
throu this way seems more easy and transparent - also no code.

You need to refer to your container documentation for that. Remember that
embeded web cantainer and independent web container ned different
configurations

Thomas Joseph