From: "Michael Jouravlev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: NullPointerException when using DynaActionForm
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 11:36:56 -0700

On 5/9/06, fea jabi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
        <form-bean name="NewEligibilityDynaForm"
type="com.formbeans.NewEligibilityForm" dynamic="true">
            <form-property name="name" type="java.lang.String"/>
            <form-property name="date" type="java.lang.String"/>
<form-property name="eligibleCust" type="java.lang.ArrayList"/>
            <form-property name="nonEligibleCust"
type="java.lang.ArrayList"/>
            <form-property name="selectedNonEligibleCust"
type="java.lang.String[]"/>
            <form-property name="method" type="java.lang.String"/>
        </form-bean>

public class NewEligibilityForm extends DynaActionForm implements
Serializable {

    public NewEligibilityForm() {
    }

    /**
     * Resets the form bean attributes
     *
     * @param mapping - are the action mapings.
     * @param request - is the Servlet Request
     */
    public void reset(ActionMapping mapping,
                  javax.servlet.ServletRequest request) {

PrepareAction

public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping,
                       ActionForm form,
                       HttpServletRequest request,
                       HttpServletResponse response)
               throws ServletException, IOException {
        DynaActionForm newEligibilityForm = (DynaActionForm) form;

        newEligibilityForm.set("name", "Tom");
}

Getting NullPointerException at statement
newEligibilityForm.set("name", "Tom");

When I debug the code I see the newEligibilityForm is null.

I don't see any bug in the above created formbean.

What am I missing here? thanks.

You did not post your action mapping, therefore it is hard to say what
is wrong. Have you set name="NewEligibilityDynaForm" in the action
mapping for PrepareAction?