I guess my problem is larger than using an if/else statement. I figured how to
do that, but I'm iterating over a List in the JSP, and want to be able to exit
the loop whenever certain item exist. I don't suppose there's a way to do that,
is there?

  My requirement in a nutshell: the List could have role1, role2, and role3.
But I can only print one role on the screen. If the list has multiple roles,
then my loop will show all of them. I want to be able to exit the loop after I
find the role that I'm looking for.

  Philihp Busby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Jerome is referring to tags in the JSTL Core tag library.

mmm code-bloat.