Hi there,

Perhaps my error are unrealted, but...
I was trying to get get rid of Spring from my classpath - as it is so
stinkn huge when it is unzipped.  From what I read in the Shale doc'o,
spring is only needed if I was instantiating POJO objects outside the
JSF config file.  So... I tried to eliminate the Spring jars from my
classpath.

Before I attempted to remove Spring, I would occasionally get some
server 500 errors like this...
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No WebApplicationContext found: no
ContextLoaderListener registered?
org.springframework.web.jsf.FacesContextUtils.getRequiredWebApplicationContext(FacesContextUtils.java:79)

So ... After the removal, at Tomcat startup, I'm now getting:

2006-05-16 08:51:16,703 [main] ERROR
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/mac] -
org.apache.shale.component.Subview
javax.faces.FacesException: Can't instantiate class:
'org.apache.shale.component.Subview'.
        at
com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationImpl.newThing(ApplicationImpl.java:728)
2006-05-16 08:51:16,718 [main] ERROR
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/mac] -
org.apache.shale.component.Token
javax.faces.FacesException: Can't instantiate class:
'org.apache.shale.component.Token'.
        at
com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationImpl.newThing(ApplicationImpl.java:728)
2006-05-16 08:51:16,718 [main] ERROR
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/mac] -
org.apache.shale.component.ValidatorScript
javax.faces.FacesException: Can't instantiate class:
'org.apache.shale.component.ValidatorScript'.
        at
com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationImpl.newThing(ApplicationImpl.java:728)
2006-05-16 08:51:16,796 [main] ERROR
com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener - One or more confgured
application objects could not be created.  Check your web application
logs for details.
2006-05-16 08:51:16,796 [main] ERROR
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/mac] -
Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of
class com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
javax.faces.FacesException: One or more confgured application objects
could not be created.  Check your web application logs for details.
        at
com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.verifyObjects(ConfigureListener.java:1152)

Am I missing something from my web.xml file?
Thanks,
Jason