Hi,

I'm not quite sure how you'd do it, but it seems like you could use
logic tags to do this.
something like:

<logic:notMatch name="someForm" property="controlOne" value="default>
  --Insert ControlTwo here--
</logic:notMatch>

Of course control two would only appear once the logic tag evaluated
to true. This comes down to javascript in the end anyway, but you
don't have to write or maintain it yourself. Also you probably have to
use other logic tags to populate control two, since its probably
dependent on what is in control one (otherwise, what is the point).

mvg,
Jasper