Have you tried main.page instead of page.main?
I don't know if this is the reason, but I have main.page and not other way around.

Shervin

Scott Van Wart wrote:
I have a tiles definition (tiles-defs.xml),

<definition name="page.main" extends="base.definition">
 <put name="title" value="Main Page" />
 <put name="centercontent" value="/main.jsp" />
</definition>

   and a global forward (struts-config.xml),

<global-forwards>
 <forward name="main" path="page.main" />
</global-forwards>

When the forward is triggered with this,

<logic:forward name="main" />

the browser requests host/<context_root>/page.main. This gives a Tomcat "resource unavailable screen". HTML links don't seem to work either. When I try something like this,

I can see the "http://host/<context_root>/page.main" in the status bar when I hover over the link. Am I pretty much out of luck using global forwards and html:links with Tiles, or am I just not doing it right? The following DOES work, but it might be nice to use global forwards so I don't stick ActionForms all over the place (and this still wouldn't solve the html:link issue):

<action path="/login" type="org.nothing.LoginAction" name="loginForm" scope="request" validate="true" input="/login.jsp">
 <forward name="success" path="page.main" redirect="true" />
 <forward name="failure" path="/login.jsp" />
</action>

Any ideas?  Thanks!

- Scott

PS: Other stuff:
Version: 1.2.9 (bindist)
Container: Apache Tomcat 5.5.17

From struts-config.xml:

<controller processorClass="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor" />

 <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin">
<set-property property="definitions-config" value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml" />
   <set-property property="moduleAware" value="true" />
 </plug-in>