From: Maya menon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 2:42 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Global forwards and actions

well,

  Here is exactly what I have:

  1. jsp files are in /jsp folder.
  struts-config file entries and action classes.

  struts-config entry is like this:

  <action path="/Delete"
  type="com.xx.xxx.xxx.xxxaction" >
  <forward name="success" path="/jsp/delete.jsp"/>
  <forward name="failure" path="/jsp/failure.jsp"/>
  </action>

Monkeyden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If that's the error you're getting, then that can't be your code. You're trying
to request "/jsp/Delete" somewhere in your code. I suspect that the /jsp is a
directory and thus will only be relevant to the action-forwards, not the form
or the action-mapping.

On 6/1/06, Monkeyden wrote:

> The form action is the same as the action mapping in struts-config,
> plus the ".do", so if the form has:
>

> then the action mapping must be:
>

> On 6/1/06, Maya menon wrote:
> >
> > Ok, for delete.jsp I put action="delete.do"
> > form.action="Delete.do";
> > form.submit ();
> >
> > In struts-config.xml, I put

> > Now, when I run, it it gives me the following error:
> > type Status report
> > message Invalid path /jsp/Delete was requested description The
> > request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect (Invalid path
> > /jsp/Delete was requested).
> >
> > What am I missing here ?
> >

> > Maya menon wrote:
> > Manoj,
> >
> > Thanks.
> > So, just 2 action entries r fine, thats what you think.
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Sample config

> > Note the following
> > 1. This is a typical example modify according to your need 2. Name
> > of the form is addForm and deleteForm in the xml above (You can
> > change as you want) 3. Ask questions I will answer them all (not
> > much work to do today) 4. Path in action mappings can be tile if
> > that is the case you will need a tile definition as well or a jsp
> > page(not a good idea to use jsp) 5. Optional: good idea to have all
> > these xml files per struts module Hope that helps Manoj

http://mail.yahoo.com

The information contained in this message may be privileged,
confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or any employee or agent
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
received this communication in error, please notify us immediately

Thank you. Paychex, Inc.