From: Karr, David [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 11:28 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Struts + Tiles] JSTL problem on WebSphere Application
Server 6

Curiously, I thought to do a Google to verify whether Websphere 6 was a
Servlet 2.4 container, which is relevant to your situation, and in
addition to verifying that, I also found someone who had the exact same
problem as you, at <http://www.jroller.com/page/agrebnev/20050831>.  As
this blog entry is almost a year old, perhaps there are revisions to WS6
that fixes this.

However, note the following:

1. You need to use the JSTL 1.1 version, as you have a Servlet 2.4
container.
2. You need to make sure your web.xml is using the servlet 2.4 format,
and not 2.3.  If you use the latter, EL expressions in your JSP will not
be evaluated.  The servlet 2.4 format uses a schema, and not a dtd.