On 6/7/06, Greg Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Craig,

  > I was gonig to point you at the website page about Dialog, but I can
see now
  > it's not particularly helpful :-).  There's only one sentence (the
very last
  > one) that contains the key bits.  Basically, the only current way to
enter a
  > dialog is to have some action on a non-dialog page return a logical
outcome
  > string of the form "dialog:xxxxx", where "xxxxx" is the name of the
Dialog
  > you want to start.  This causes Dialog's version of NavigationHandler
  > kick in, and transfers control the the starting state.

I saw the documentation, but didn't see where it applies to what I am
trying to do.

So are you saying there is no way to make my Login.jsp page behave as a
dialog?  Give what you say here I don't see one, but somebody else
might...

So, you want to start a dialog as the very first thing that the user sees?
Right now, the only way to do that is something of a hack, but this should
work.

* Make the welcome page of your app be a JSF page
 that has a "Welcome to my app ..." type banner,
 with a Command Link component on it that has
 action="dialog:Log in" on it.

* Use a bit of JavaScript to programmatically submit
 the page, which will trigger initiating the dialog
 to display the login page as part of it.

Having a programmatic server side way to do this would definitely be useful,
as would a way to trigger a dialog directly for the app's welcome page.  But
something along the lines above should get you started for now.

Thanks for the info.

-- Greg

Craig