I tried storing vector values in a hidden field.

  <input type="hidden" name="data" value="<bean:write name="data"
scope="request"/>"/>

  where data is a vector which I have set into the request type.

  Now how will I retrieve it ?

Maya menon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Manoj,

In the vector I am storing a data object with 6 fields. I am using the iterate
tag to iterate thru the vector and display the results.

Thanks

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Maya, Vectors are synchronized. Any method that touches the Vector's contents
is thread safe. ArrayList, on the other hand, is unsynchronized, making them,
therefore, not thread safe. With that difference in mind, using synchronization
will incur a performance hit. So if you don't need a thread-safe collection,
use the ArrayList. Why pay the price of synchronization unnecessarily?

Also can you tell me what exactly are you storing in vector?
I need this to tell you the best possible answer as when navigating through the
pages (through actions) if the information is small you can use hidden values
to pass the values around which you want to manage

Cheers