Hi Adam I just tried:
public void reset(ActionMapping mapping, HttpServletRequest request) {

    multiboxvalues = new String[3];
    multiboxvalues[0] = "";
    multiboxvalues[1] = "";
    multiboxvalues[2] = "";

  }

And now the problem seems to be solved but to be honest I
don't have the knowledge to understand it!

Thanks for you advice!