I tried to do it with your piece of code, but that didn't quite work....
I think one solution would be to write a StringWrapper with a String-Value and the according getter/setter (e.g. getVal, setVal) and fill the list with this StringWrappers instead of Strings, so <html:text name="stringWrapper" value = "val" /> will work But I really dislik changing my data-structure because of some "gui-problems"....
Ideas anyone ? ;)

Florian Barth schrieb:
The list of strings is actually part of an ActionForm.
On load of display I kinda like to decompose the list to a bunch of text-fields, that are recomposed to a list of string on submit....

<c:forEach items="${listOstrings}" var="s">
   <input type="text" name="${s}">
</c:forEach>

I'll try this, maybe the value of the String could be added by value = ${s}, right?

Thank you

Dave Newton schrieb:
Florian Barth wrote:
Looks very nice, but the textfield accesses the getter and setter of
the LabelValueBean
that is returned from the StrinBean. My Bean just returns the the
String-object that has
actually no getter and setter for it's value.

Let me get this straight: you're iterating over a list of strings and
you want to create a textbox for each one, but they're not linked to an
ActionForm bean?

<c:forEach items="${listOstrings}" var="s">
  <input type="text" name="${s}">
</c:forEach>

If they're not fields in an ActionForm I'm not sure how you're going to
be able to use the Struts form beans.

Dave